Tuesday, January 16, 2007

BEMBO’S ZOO



I'm sure some of you have seen it already, if not, here's the link:
Bembo's Zoo


Watching it, reminded me:
a) type isnt always lines of text on a page
b) of my appreciation of the letterform
c) how one can use technology to bring out the best in typography.
The fact that everything was choreographed; the words,
the type placement - it’s put together so well.

When people read text on a page, lets say a book for instance,
most of the time, they don't realize they are looking at typography -
a piece of work designed by someone. But in this case, it is
obvious enough that they can, letters are being composed in a
creative way (Ok, so perhaps they won't catch that Bembo is really
a font name, but you know what I mean.) Being interactive and
stimulating also helps. As for commenting on the actual type face,
I like how the designer chose a serif over a sans serif, as it creates
more form, but what I love about the font is the name itself 'BEMBO'
- how appropriate.

Sally

No comments: